Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bella's House

It is no secret that I like 'The Twilight Saga'. As some of you know, I also am a bit of an entertainment fanatic and enjoy in equal parts, the actors who star in movies and those who create the movies. The behind-the-scenes goings on are often times much more interesting.

For the past two years, I have had a love affair with a house - not just any house but the place of residence of the Twilight heroine, Bella Swan. Please note that this house is actually a prop, albeit a life-size and full-scale replica of the actual home used in the filming of the first movie, 'Twilight'. My first encounter with the house is an entertaining story in itself. Subsequent visits do not disappoint, even when the only thing visible was the tarp-covered ground.

Below are some of my favourite pictures that I have taken since spring 2009. The house was dismantled and stored in the fall of 2009 and has recently reappeared for the filming of 'Breaking Dawn'. It will be a sad day when I will have to say goodbye. Maybe I should get a contractor to build me a replica but as a real home :)

New Moon - April 2009

Eclipse - October 2009 - my favourite picture of the house. Early morning with the sun shining on it.
The trees in front are fake (see the middle one is stump only). They look very real though.
Breaking Dawn - February 2011 - decorated for Christmas

Breaking Dawn - February 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment