Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Everyone Needs Some 'Glee'!

It has been a long wait since the last new episode of Glee aired late 2009. Four months of anticipation & excitement have been building leading up to the debut of the next 9 new episodes on Tuesday, April 13. "Glee, by its very definition, means opening up yourself to joy" that's how the show was introduced to us in May 2009.

Glee is my favourite new show of 2009. As I watched the pilot almost one year ago, I hoped that others might like it as much as I did...usually the shows I adore are cancelled soon after their debut or simply disappear never to return again (such as 'Jack & Bobby', 'Men in Trees', and 'Moonlight' PS-CBS, you missed the boat on this one-you should have hung in for another few months until 'Twilight' was released in November 2008).

So it was with some hesitancy that I allowed myself to really like the first show but who could resist the charm of these quirky characters and the music. iTunes recorded a marked increase in sales of songs featured on Glee - for some bands this means finding new popularity with a new generation.

The cast of Glee appeared on Oprah today making them officially a hit. The writing and acting is top-notch, I really hope that both will be sustained for what should be a TV gig to last a few years (5 at least) thus securing syndication so we can enjoy many years of Glee!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, I quite like the show. I think the quirkiness is what makes it great! That, and Sue! LOL Can't wait for the return. I hope they can keep it as good as it was prior to the break!

    ReplyDelete