Tuesday, October 13, 2009

To post or not...post!

This is my first blog post and wondering what to write about as this will set the tone for what may be a foray into creative writing or just plain writing. As you can tell, I have a dry/wry sense of humour and find that humour is sometimes the only thing that will keep us coming back for more. Without humour what kind of world would it be? Don't really want to find out.

Will be discussing many topics, some more riveting than others. Currently, my ramblings will include the Twilight Saga. Twilight came to me about three years ago when I picked up the first book in the series and for lack of a better word, became hooked "my own personal brand of heroin", as Edward would say.

I have always had an interest in vampires, it's the only 'horror' genre I can/will watch as the other horror movies scare the bejeezes out of me. Vampires are fictional and therefore, safe to watch - no chainsaw-wielding maniacs for me (something that actually could happen, maybe). Anyway, it all started by watching Béla Lugosi as Dracula (just realized the symbolism of that name & Twilight connection, bahahaha or should it be muahahaha) and then chasing my little sister around pretending to be Dracula. Used to tell her 'I vant to suck your blood' - not really but that would send her running & screaming - this was funny as a 10-year old.

Love nature and will probably post many pictures of landscapes, cityscapes, buildings, etc. Living in BC provides many opportunities to observe and be part of nature. After all how could one live here and not be part of 'Super Natural BC' (actual slogan of Tourism BC) http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm

Entertainment, whether live or movies, has always played a big part in my life. My mom used to take my siblings and I to children's theatre and fell in love with live theatre and will always remmber my first movie was 'Pinocchio' (not the original release in 1940 but some years later). I marvelled at the big screen and have found many years hence a sort of kinship with movies.

Music is very important as well. I have collected a lot of music and still have my original record collection (play a record once in a while), cassette tapes, CDs and now MP3s. Music for me is like a diary and know exactly what was happening in my life when a particular song plays.

As they say, 'cut, that's a wrap' (for this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment