Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Good (K)night with a Beatle

The concerts I attended in 2012 seemed to have one thing in common, all artists were well into their late 60s or early 70s. I dubbed it the 'Senior Rock Tour Year', and what a year it was!

In May, I saw Roger Waters' The Wall, at 68 years young he commanded BC Place Stadium like the pro he is. In September, I saw Wanda Jackson (my second time) who has been dubbed the Queen of Rock and Roll. She at 74 years of age, still has the energy of someone much younger. 2012 ended with Sir Paul McCartney, who at 70 years of age still looks eerily like he did a couple of decades ago. All of them showed why they are considered legends, consumate professionals who are still on top of their game.

Below are some pictures of Paul McCartney's concert at BC Place Stadium, November 25, 2012. It was a great evening, one of my all-time favourite concerts, but really how can you compare these artists, they are wonderful in their own right.

Last image before Paul hit the stage
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
 
Let It Be
 

No comments:

Post a Comment