Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer 2010

The gravel road in front of parental home
It has been a while since my last post, one month to be exact. Time flies when you're having fun, as they say.

After a busy spring, June was anticipated to be a quiet month, however that was not the case. Thus I embarked on my vacation straight from the office and feeling a bit on edge pending certain family dynamics upon arrival. It turned out to be a nice week with my family - parents, siblings and their kids. My sister and 6 year old nephew came back with me to Vancouver and we had a lovely week together as I showed off this gorgeous city.

Stanley Park Train-Spirit Train (Summer 2010)
Vancouver and area have lots of great activities to offer visitors and literally we did not leave the Lower Mainland for the week and still did not see and do everything that is available. We are very fortunate to live here. Some of the higlights: trips to Stanley Park; a ride on the Stanley Park train; visit to the Aquarium and petting zoo; Buntzen Lake; White Pine Beach; Animal Grossology; and a Vancouver harbour tour.

My favourite place we visited is the Vancouver Aquarium. It is a very interesting place and I think my nephew would have moved in, if that was allowed. We spent nearly 5 hours there and it definitely was one of the highlights of the week.
Buntzen Lake, Belcarra Park

No comments:

Post a Comment