Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Twilight Saga - Eclipse Soundtrack

The people behind the new Eclipse Soundtrack streamed the entire deluxe version online on June 2. A novel approach to marketing and/or building of anticipation until the release of the movie on June 30. Believe me, a true Twi-hard will not require a build-up to the release of Eclipse.

I have listened to each song now a number of times, and in my opinion is the best soundtrack yet in the Saga. I loved the Twilight soundtrack, not so much the New Moon soundtrack, although I loved New Moon's score.

Some of my early Eclipse favourites: The Bravery - Ours; Florence + the Machine - Heavy in Your Arms; Sia - My Love; Atlas - Fanfarlo; The Black Keys - Chop and Change; Beck & Bat for Lashes - Let's Get Lost; UNKLE - With You in My Head; Howard Shore - Jacob's Theme (can't wait for the score); Battles - The Line; Bombay Bicycle Club - How Can You Swallow So Much; Atlast (The Time and Space) Fanfarlo remix; Cee Lo Green (Johan Hugo) - What Part of Forever. Basically I have just listed most of the soundtrack - which is rare as there is usually one, two or three songs that stand out.

Chop Shop Records, Atlantic Records and Summit Entertainment must be very happy about this-I predict the soundtrack will be a bestseller for a number of weeks this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment