Monday, May 17, 2010

Stars on Ice - May 14, 2010

This was a busy week for me in entertainment, when it rains it pours as they say. I go for months without much happening, than BAM! my social calendar is filled up. My week started with the Eagles concert, which was amazing. On Friday night, it was Stars on Ice.

I have not seen live figure skating since the 1980's and this show was a real treat for the eyes. The skaters included Kurt Browning; Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue, Olympic gold medal winners in ice dance; Joannie Rochette, Olympic bronze medallist; Jaime Salle and David Pelletier, Olympic gold medal winners in pairs in 2002; Jeffrey Buttle; Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon (ice dance 2002); Cynthia Phaneuf and Shawn Sawyer.

The artistry and choreography were amazing, these athletes are inspirational.

One of the group numbers.

Jaime Salle & David Pelletier

My faves - Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - simply sublime

No comments:

Post a Comment