Friday, January 27, 2012

Paul Feig's 'Bridesmaids' Tweet

This past Tuesday morning (January 24), I woke up to find a direct message sent to my twitter inbox from none other than Paul Feig!! He directed this past summer's smash hit 'Bridesmaids' and many other amazingly creative and funny projects.

I had sent him a good luck tweet on Monday night, hoping that an Oscar nomination would come through for 'Bridesmaids' and although the movie was not nominated, Melissa McCarthy received a Best Supporting Actress nomination for her role in 'Bridesmaids' as well as Kristin Wiig, who was the star and screenplay writer, received a nomination for Original Screenplay.

'Bridesmaids' was by far the funniest movie I saw in 2011 and absolutely adored it. Here is the tweet from me and the response I received from him. A really nice gesture, very gracious and classy, especially as Paul (@paulfeig) has over 1 million twitter followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment