Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ucluelet - Tofino Trip

Canada is a vast country, its provinces are no exception. They are huge expanses of land which holds many beautiful and wonderful adventures. I have lived in British Columbia for almost 18 years and have only seen a small portion of it, mostly driving through the interior to the Rockies over a decade ago.

One of the places that I have always wanted to visit is Ucluelet-Tofino, located on the westcoast of Vancouver Island. Two very small villages tucked away on some of the most beautiful beaches in BC and Canada. I read that Tofino is considered a 'must see' on many bucket lists. A gateway to Pacific Rim National Park and Clayoquot Sound, two of the most spectacular natural treasures in Canada and the world.

Last week, I spent a few days in Ucluelet-Tofino and it was everything that I had hoped for. Gorgeously rugged scenery, endless ocean and the soothing sound of the waves. It was well worth the wait. We stayed at the Best Western Tin Wis, which has a beautiful view of the ocean and is set right on Mackenzie Beach. Their staff is very helpful and the rooms are perfect. I would definitely stay there again. Hopefully, it won't take me another 18 years to make a return visit. Below are some of my favourite pictures.

Ucluelet - Amphitrite Point Lighthouse
Ucluelet - Wild Pacific Trail


At Incinerator Rock, Long Beach, Tofino
Surfer at Mackenzie Beach, Tofino

View from the hotel room at Mackenzie Beach, Tofino



No comments:

Post a Comment