Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Winter Games Are Over

As the saying goes "all good things must come to an end" and shortly after 8pm Pacific on February 28, the 21st Winter Games came to a very successful close.

For years we (when I say 'we' I really mean the organizers, etc.) have been preparing for the 2010 Games. Now 19 days later, it's all over - and we are left to wander the streets by ourselves. Already, I miss seeing the sea of red & white and flags waving everywhere...it is interesting how quickly one gets used to seeing strangers all hang out together in merriment. This is how it must be if we lived on the Vegas Strip 24/7.

The Games were very successful and if parting is such sweet sorrow, reading the many nice things being said and written about us (when I say 'us' I mean Canadians) eases the post-party funk somewhat. Such as Brian Williams, the CNBC's anchor, wrote Canada a thank you note.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that note from Brian Williams!

    I miss it. I didn't think it would have such an impact.

    I refuse to take the flag off my car until the Paralympics are over!

    All in all, I thought it was pretty sucessful.

    ReplyDelete